Girl of the Year 2018 - Luciana Vega

GOTY 2018, Luciana Vega

This girl is what everyone in the community has been talking about lately. I'm excited about her merely because she is a Latino/Hispanic girl! AG needs to keep making diverse GOTY. I'm happy they FINALLY made a girl who's not only not white (in any way... one of my major gripes with Nanea is that she's half white, but they don't really rub it in your face) but who looks like she actually had some effort put into her and her story (I feel so upset over Gabriela getting swept under the rug by Tenney... I don't like Tenney's face, that's my main problem with her, her freckles to me seem weird. She's my 'Wellie Wisher faced Nanea', if you will) and has a STEM-related hobby.

Please keep making these dolls, American Girl. People of any race will love and play with your dolls if they love them (i.e. me with Nanea).

Will I be getting her? No, not because of anything relating directly to her, but because I don't really want to collect GOTYs. I'd rather have more than a year (hopefully) to collect my doll's stuff. Even then, I'm not too good at collecting stuff (I mean, look at my Samantha collection... which is just her, her special day dress, lilac dress (I need to find it) and her PJs...). My favorite past GOTY have been Grace (because she goes to France, and I love France and French stuff, took 4-5 years of French in high school) and Kanani (Hawaiian, I love all things Hawaiian...). I can recreate a Grace if I really wanted to and I have Nanea to 'replace' if you will Kanani. The major feature I love about Kanani is that long beautiful hair!!

Anyways. Good luck to those who are trying/hoping to get her this year, and remember girls (and boys, as well!) that you can do whatever you want to if you set your mind to it. Don't let others or your gender (like it ever will) get in your way. You can't help the way you are.

-
P.S., gonna kill two birds with one stone. No, I will not be getting a boy American Girl doll. Their hair isn't long enough for my liking. A major thing for me in doll play is long hair, so that'll be a no from me... Sorry, boys!
If he cared at all, he'd be upset. 

Comments

Popular Posts