Hair Thursday - Ponytail Veil

My take (note: my elastics weren't able to get as tight as they should have been). 

[source]
A slight variation, with a crossover [source]
This hairstyle is an American Girl staple. There are a lot of variations of it that you can do and if you can't manage to do it, you can get American Girl's salon to do it. I usually use my dolls with rooted hair for this just because it's easier for me (aka Kaleia), but today is special because I decided to give Bridget some attention! I tried to do step by step photographs, but if I didn't do the job well enough, there's an AG official video on how to do it.

Step 1: Make two ponytails at the sides of your doll's head.

Step 2: Take one half of each ponytail and put them together, putting an elastic in the middle

Step 3: repeat 2, but with the remaning half of the upper ponytails and the halves of the ponytail you just made

I did one least one using two more ponytails at the side of her head plus the halves of the ponytials on the 3rd level. 

Ta-da! From the front, it is not too noticeable, but this is my first time using ponytail holders that matched her dress!

Sorry for the rather late post, but I've been kind of busy making new stuff for later posts! Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll be back tomorrow for a rather Fun Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts