Monday, What a Rainy Day... {New Outfit!}

As promised, here are pictures of the new outfit I made. Guess which one is the one I made and the one I got from American Girl Atlanta *years* ago and thought I had lost until I found it in storage with my porcelain babies? Don't worry, I'll tell you which is which in the caption just in case. 
L: Outfit I made, R: Samantha's Frilly Frock (Nanea is borrowing it)

Outfit details

If you guessed the Hello Kitty outfit as being the one I made (or you just looked at the caption...) No velcro here! Only nice, stretchable fabrics... I choose things that I would wear on my body to put on my babies. I know, I'm weird. This was my first pair of pants I've made for my dolls, and since Bridget only has one outfit in her name (Nanea has her meet outfit and holoku dress, Kaleia has the red dress she wore to the doll show, Samantha has her special day frock and frilly dress (this is the first and maybe last time I let Nanea wear it, I wanted to see how cute she could be in a frilly dress) and all Bridget had was the dress she came in...).


This shirt was a Build a Bear shirt that I tailored to fit Bridget. 

The shoulder part is a piece of the same fabric as the sleeves.

The sleeves are made from old, ripped PJ pants of mine that say 'I ❤ Hello Kitty'. 

The back of the pants and shirt. The shirt is plain in the back, and the jeans have two functioning (but small) pockets.

Left pocket has lace detail on it to match the ends of the pants.

The right fabric has a heart shape. The two strings will get cut, I didn't realize them until looking at this pic now.. 


 Bridget really wanted to go outside and play with her new outfit, but since it was raining and grey all day, she had to stay inside.

"Here's to a sunny day coming soon!" Bridget says.

 Nanea helped cure Bridget's boredom by holding a little private tea party (no pictures allowed, she told me) and borrowing Samantha's laciest outfit. Their tea party had a lace theme.




Outfit details. I LOVE these shoes. Mary Janes are cute, yeah, but... these seem a little more historically accurate. 
Speaking of shoes, here are their shoes! The jeans end with a lace trim, so the boots are laceless, but look like they are.


Comments

Popular Posts