Sewing Sunday - it will be late... but I can make it up, I guess.

Sorry I don't have a Sewing Sunday for you guys this week. I've been working on finishing an outfit for one of the girls all day today. It takes me longer than most people because I hand sew (hand + needle + thread, no machines here!) everything and I'm trying to do everything without velcro or elastic bands in them (my trick? Use stretchy fabric... shhhhhh) .. My mom told me an interesting story about how when she was a kid, all her Barbie clothes never had velcro but snap buttons instead. I've fallen in love with Nanea's meet outfit many times just because it has no velcro in it, making it more unique.

Speaking of Nanea, instead of showing you my sewing project (probably on Monday or Tuesday... I have a BUSY week this week), I'm gonna show you some leaks I found on Facebook. Now, remember, leaks are leaks and may not be true but just conjecture...

Nanea's Radio
Maryellen's Hiking Accessories 

I don't care much for Maryellen's stuff most of the time (I know it's the 50s but does everything have to be neon?!) yet I love this outfit for her. I can't help but notice that the pineapple skirt that goes with Nanea's first outfit is also implied to go with what I believe is supposed to be a set of Kit's things. I love Nanea's outfits, though!!! I love the first one's sailor shirt and color along with the second one which I would probably make into a swimsuit (since I am a little OCD when it comes to patterns matching up and after hearing rumors indicating the opposite, I decided her current swimsuit is not for me...). <3 I can't wait for these to come out and maybe even ask for them for any upcoming gift-giving event...

I try to stop loving AG, but you guys keep making cute things that I can't say no to. I would have quit at the permapanties incident but Nanea was too pretty plus all the rumors said no historical characters would have permapanties (thank whatever deity you worship for that one, folks).

I know it's 'unprofessional' to cover leaks, but the person who usually does it *cough* allamericangirldollnews.com *cough* (still like your stuff though, don't hate me, I know you're half my age and busy with life and school so I can't blame you), I thought I'd step up to the plate. I'll definitely be thinking about Nanea's new stuff and I may get Maryellen's outfit if it goes on sale.

Oh, and there's a major sale today at AG for Berry members only. Since I'm not a Berry Member (I avoid buying stuff directly from AG... despite my fangirliness towards Nanea, a lot of her stuff can be replaced in my mind - like Mele will probably be a mutt dog stuffed animal I find that's not AG or Coconut if they ever get around to releasing that little bitch again... hey, not a cuss word, female dog... My Jip is a TY toy, so yeah. Hula outfit and swimsuit looked cheap to me, I'm making her a school dress of plaid (based on Molly more than Nanea/Hawaii, I think).

Anyways, see you guys tomorrow for Media Monday! And stick around until February 1st because I have something amazing to tell you guys! 

Comments

Popular Posts