Tutorial Tuesday - Making a Beret

While it may not be an obvious African American historical item, a beret was a common item included in the Black Panther uniform. Before you start exclaiming "ah, terrorism", please remember that not only did the Panthers help their local communities, they were targeted unfairly by the police and some of the Black Panther members got straight up murdered by the police... Anyways, make sure you do your research before you assume things about a group of people. The 'winners' always write the history books. 


I recently watched a documentary about them, and so I already had how to incorporate them into African American history month when someone on a Facebook group called 'Addy Collectors' started a conversation about it and someone said 'basically all your doll needs is an afro, black leather jacket and beret' to portray a member of the Black Panther Party.

I've already done a piece on my own leather jacket but I always remember my free patterns that I got from AG Playthings. Molly just so happens to have a beret pattern! So here you go. If you want to download the patterns yourself, click here. They are FREE and authentic Pleasant Company patterns!




Comments

Popular Posts