A Tribute to Toys R Us

Instead of doing a Savings Saturday on Toys R Us (since the sales on the site seem hit or miss and free shipping are only on orders over $99... It's better to just go into a local store and hope for the best), I'll give a little tribute to Toys R Us.

The only time I remember well of going to Toys R Us is when I was about 7 or 8. My dad and older brother were out of town, leaving me and my younger brother with my mom and aunt. So the lot of us went to Toys R Us as a kind of 'treat' for us since we couldn't go where my dad and other brother were going. My brother got some Playmobil sets, mainly one with a patriot in it. I got two My Little Ponies (I was going through my 'pony' phase).

The other times I went with my grandmother. I know we went there because I had some 18-inch dolls that were TRU exclusive (no, they weren't Journey Girls).

If you've been keeping up with the news, Toys R Us's founder Charles Lazarus died on March 22nd at the age of 92. It's a little ironic seeing that he died right before his business died.

The liquidation started yesterday/today. I'm really hoping that by the time I can get to my local store, I'll be able to have pictures to take of and things to buy (I've been trying to go for over a week now, but stuff keeps coming up and I have to postpone) there. Sigh. Part of me is doubtful of it because of the lines that some stores have been having while the other part is hopeful because the store isn't in a major metropolitan area.


Comments

Popular Posts