Wisdom Wednesday - Journey Girls

Since Toys R Us is closing, that most likely means that with the stores' doors shuttering, the Journey Girls collection will also be shuttered and retired.
[source]

Don't know who or what the Journey Girls are? Well then, I will let the official Journey Girls website (which is currently saying that it will be launching a new interactive website in the fall, but I seriously doubt we'll see it) explain it to you:

Journey Girls are collectible 18 inch dolls, each with a unique personality and sense of style. These 8 BFFs travel the world together seeking adventure while discovering new friends and fashion along the way.

The girls' names are (L - R): Chavonne (originally named Taryn) [1], Ilee (originally the New York holiday doll who joined the group after her debut in 2016) [1], Dana, Kelsey, Meredith, Kyla (originally named Dana) [1], Mikaella (originally the London special edition doll who joined the group after her debut in 2014) [1], and Callie.

They have been produced since 2010 [2], have varying 4 face molds [2], are made by the same company who makes the Newberry and Espari dolls [1], and ever since 2013 they have traveled to various vacation destinations [1]. So far they have been to Paris, London, Italy, New York, and 2017 was Australia.

I don't know what possessed the executives at TRU to change the names of some the dolls because I prefer the name Dana to Kyla (and she looks more like a Dana to me) while I like Chavonne and Taryn both equally. They have a half vinyl, half cloth body like My Life As (and thus Kaleia as well). Sharing the same height as American Girls doesn't make them be able to share the same clothes. Sadly Journey Girls have narrower feet and skinner bodies, making AG clothes and JG clothes hard to exchange. Journey Girls cost $39 - $49 ($49 is usually the holiday special editions) and they have a small selection (that you can at least buy online thanks to Toys R Us's online store unlike My Life As at least in the clothes department) of clothes and accessories.

I've debated (mentally) about getting one for myself, but I'd rather wait until my room is more organized, I have a bigger wardrobe for my current dolls, Toys R Us really gets into the liquidation sales, and until I have more money to throw around on my hobbies. If I were to get one, I'm tied between Chavonne and Callie.

Sources

  1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_Girls
  2. http://dollation.com/dollipedia/brand/journey-girls

Comments

Popular Posts