Fun Friday - She's Rapunzel! At Last!

When I talked about my doll collection in my update post, I casually mentioned a Duckhouse doll I have that I had to forcibly bald because of her ratty hair. Well, I placed an order with the Etsy store Lullyluestevens for a wig that would fit the doll (I got this one). I was worried it wouldn't fit, but I made sure to measure the doll correctly before buying the wig! This was my first time rewigging a doll, so I was pretty excited to do so!

I hotglued it on, thanks to a lack of expoy/super glue, while being careful not to get the hot glue on the actual hair itself. It is a little big, but this was the best wig I could find in the color I wanted and I wanted the best for a childhood doll... It was only about $21 (19.99 plus $2) and it is a heat safe (just in case I need to do something heated to her, I don't know but I wanted a heatsafe wig because I'm weird) wig! They have American Girl sized ones as well, one of which will be a birthday surprise for one of my dolls... ;)

Please excuse my Rapunzel for being naked. Her clothes are waiting to be handwashed. She has a deep green velvet-like dress with pearls and white lace/ruffles on it. Very princessy. She also has a head piece to go with it, but I'm not too keen on putting it back in until I get some tiny bobby pins or something - the makers of the doll just sewed the hat onto her hair, making it harder to style. Not gonna repeat that again, I'm sure.




I admired her hair for a while, so happy that it was the same length as the first wig if not longer yet so much more beautiful and managable. I know porcelain dolls arne't meant to have their hair played with, but you should have seen the state of her hair. It was awful! Knots everywhere... I had to try and tame it but then I gave up and threw the wig off. Then I cut it into a cute bob hairstyle but... I couldn't put that on her, she's Rapunzel! (Not Disney's Rapunzel, but mine!).

When I figure out what braid(s) to use (her hair is too thick for a single braid like the one she had, which is a good thing to me), I'll post more pictures of her.

So, do I recommend this doll wig? YES, a thousand times YES. Please note I just got it, sooo I haven't done much to it. The price was great (the Etsy store I used tends to have prices ranging from $18.99 to 29.99, which seems to be the average price for doll wigs on Etsy), it has a beautiful shade, long loose curls (too big in scale for my doll, but mine is a smaller, porcelain doll) and styles easily. You can't forget that heat-safe option though! If I have kids, I don't have to worry about lil Annie using my straightening iron on this doll's wig.

Comments

Popular Posts